6 Benefits of Early Morning Yoga
Co-authored by Emily Campbell
Do you consider yourself to be a morning person? Have you ever take a fitness class before starting your work for the day? Sure it’s hard to get up early sometimes, but in most cases the benefits of early morning workouts far outweigh the struggles. In fact, early morning yoga can even be the cheat code to relieving stress and anxiety!
Take a moment to imagine how good you feel after a workout. Your mind is calm and your body feels awake. Now imagine going through your entire day with that good feeling. You’d arrive to work in a better mood and be more positive throughout your day. In addition to these feel-good benefits, here are 6 more reasons why it’s a good idea to get your workout in early.
- Less chance for life to get in the way. When you wait until evening to work out, lots of things can get in the way of your good intentions – mental exhaustion from work, traffic on the way to the gym, errands you need to finish, an overwhelming desire to sit on the couch, the list goes on. But when you get up early, you can get your workout in before life has a chance to distract you.
- Burn more calories throughout the day. When you work out first thing in the morning, your metabolism gets a jump start which means your body starts burning calories. The boosted metabolic effect lasts for several hours meaning you’ll burn more calories all day.
- Feel better physically. It’s well known that exercising releases endorphins which help us to feel good. Exercising also has an energizing and awakening effect which can help us feel good too. When you get your workout in early, you can experience these feel-good benefits all day long.
- Feel better mentally. Working out is a great way to release stress and tension. Instead of holding that tension inside all day until your evening workout, you can release it early on and feel more relaxed all day long.
- Enjoy your morning. How often are you rushing out the front door, spilling your coffee, and arriving to work half awake? When we workout early on, we make more time for ourselves and give ourselves the space we need to start the day on a positive note. Imagine how good you would feel working out with a few of your friends while watching the sun come up and arriving to work with a good mind space for the day. If you’re like me, you may still spill your coffee but since you’ll have a post-workout glow, you won’t care so much about it.
- Regulate your sleep. When you make the commitment to practice yoga before your day starts, you’ll begin to set new patterns for your life. You’ll wake up at the same time each day and go to bed earlier. As your sleep becomes more regulated, you’ll feel well-rested and more awake during the day.
Atherial has lots of options for early morning workouts and if you’ve ever been to the studio in the morning then you know that the way the sun shines through our studio windows each morning is magical. And if you haven’t been to the studio in the morning yet, come soon and experience this treat for yourself! Here’s a list of our early morning classes:
- Aerial Yoga Flow Basics, Mondays at 6am with Emily
- Aerial Yoga Flow 1, Tuesdays at 6am with Milly
- Get Grounded: Yoga & Oils, Wednesdays at 6am with Julie
- BarreFly, Thursdays at 6am with Milly
- FitFly, Fridays at 6am with Reba
- BarreFly, Saturdays at 8am with Reba
- Get Grounded: Yoga & Oils, Sundays 8am with Julie
Sign up for any class at AtherialFitness.com/Schedule
Co-authored by Emily Campbell